Sinological Development Charitable Foundation Limited (SDCF) was found in 2013 by Dr. Elizabeth Woo Li (Philosophy) to promote global understanding of Chinese Studies as an increasingly important part of a global civilization that should include the fundamental value of the Chinese spirit.
Through its activities, SDCF aims to further worldwide awareness and knowledge of Chinese culture and civilization and to enhance the role of Greater Bay Area as a major platform for the global promotion of Sinology.
Since summer 2016, SDCF has been holding the Greater China Summer Workshop Program in Chinese Studies with the main aim of introducing Chinese Studies to scholars and key opinion leaders around the world who are in various disciplines. In 2020 and 2021, SDCF introduced online version, expanding membership to viewers.
Our main goals are:
- to establish Greater Bay Area as a cultural forum for the global promotion of Sinology;
- to encourage more Sinologists to become more active globally;
- to introduce sinological research achievements by international scholars to the Greater Bay Area and global community;
- to organize symposia for mainland Chinese scholars, students, and translators to promote understanding of the field of Sinology both locally and internationally;
- to promote the translation of more Chinese academic works on humanities into English and other languages;
- to help scholars around the world to further understand Chinese religion, philosophy and history by offering relevant workshops that will encourage them to integrate Chinese culture into their own teaching and research;
- to serve as a mentor platform for all interested to further their work in sinology.